Controversial broadcaster Paul Henry resigned from TVNZ this afternoon, acknowledging that he had "crossed the line".

'I am astonished and dismayed that my comments have created a diplomatic incident. My style is conversational and of course unscripted. I walk the finest of lines and accept that I have inadvertently crossed it from time to time," he said in a statement.

"I am grateful to the many thousands of people who have offered their support to me.

"I hope they will understand and accept that an extraordinary convergence of circumstances has made this action necessary.' NZ Herald



Having managed to sour New Zealand's relationship with India, even Paul Henry could see the writing was on the wall.

He has resigned before he was sacked by a besieged TVNZ.

Where to now for Henry and does anybody care?

Perhaps he'll return to whence he came - talkback radio. I imagine a low-rating station like Radio Live (Henry's former home) might just welcome him back...

Meanwhile, I see that Ethical Martini thinks that Breakfast should be replaced by Captain Kangaroo.

Me, I kind of like the idea of re-runs of The Two Ronnies..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.